Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council
Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council have developed the following initiatives:
- Planting for the Future - the council has pledged to plant 250,000 trees, and enhance the wider environment, from meadows to green roofs!
- Solihull Town Centre Energy Network - an innovative project to provide low carbon heat and power from a single energy centre directly into town centre buildings.
- Wildlife Ways - an ERDF multimillion pound project to invest in the local wildlife and green spaces, and to ensure that residents can access their ‘wild spaces’.
- Solihull Walking and Cycling Strategy - is the Council’s overall approach to active travel in the borough, supporting the delivery of cycling and walking infrastructure, improve accessibility and ensure future developments cater for cycling and walking.
- Electric Vehicle Strategy - sets out the Councils approach to ensuring petrol and diesel vehicles in the borough are replaced with low carbon electric vehicles.
- Connected Autonomous Vehicles Trial - in a bid to shift to the next generation of mobility solutions, this project is investigating the use of self-driving, independent operating vehicles.
- Solihull Green Homes Grant - supporting residents to make green improvements to their homes.