Parents, Teachers and Guardians
At the Heart of England CRP we have compiled a list of websites that have some fantastic activities for children (and adults) of all ages. We hope you enjoy them and please do get in contact if there are any other amazing resources you think we could share.
- Community Rail Network - A list of educational and creative community rail and railway-related resources to keep your younger, and older community railers occupied during this period of lockdown.
- Network Rail - The new Awesome Railways resources for schools will teach more young people about careers on the network. The Awesome Railways leaflet and animation tell children why railways are vital to Britain and why science, technology and maths (STEM) are so important to their development.
- Shakespeare Birthplace Trust - Educational resources for children aged between 4 and 14. Bundles of fun, free and creative activities with strong literacy links.
- The Smallpeice Trust - Turn those materials you would normally send out in your recycling, into something that you can design, build and test.
- National Trust - Inspiration for things to do on your own or with your family. A wide range of craft, baking and 'things to do at home' ideas.
- FutureLearn - Explore online courses to continue studying, build professional skills, and connect with experts.