As well as ensuring that our activities cover the 4 pillars of community rail, we have also identified the following CRP aims:
- To identify suitable projects, and where agreed by the Heart of England CRP, develop them and prepare funding bids to relevant bodies.
- To work with the franchise companies West Midlands Railways, Chiltern Railways, Avanti West Coast, CrossCountry, and Network Rail to maximise utilisation of their property portfolios and explore new and appropriate uses for railway buildings as well as improving existing facilities at stations, including bicycle storage, passenger information and waiting facilities.
- To identify areas that are high suicide risks and develop a programme for prevention.
- To involve the community in the work of local user groups, station partnerships, arts initiatives and improving links with local schools and colleges.
- To raise awareness of, and to promote, the rail services of the Heart of England CRP as a sustainable way to access the towns and cities within the Heart of England CRP for employment, education, leisure and tourism and as an access point onto the wider UK rail network.
- To encourage and promote integration of the rail service with local bus services and links to the stations for walking and cycling, working in partnership with relevant providers and local authorities.
- To actively involve children and young people by promoting rail as a safe environment through work in schools and the community.
- To meet the objectives set out in the Department for Transport Community Rail Development Strategy 2018.
Code of Conduct
All members of the Heart of England Community Rail Partnership are expected to adopt and abide by the following Code of Conduct, whether in Steering Group or Stakeholder Group Meetings or when carrying out any other aspect of its business.
We will always:
- Promote positive relationships to deliver positive outcomes and discussions.
- Champion diversity and inclusion, aiming to ensure that community rail is welcoming, engaging, and respectful for everyone.
- Value others by listening and not making assumptions.
- Challenge bullying, harassment, intimidation and report all negative behaviour.
- Never act in a manner that brings community rail into disrepute.